Foundation for Blind Children
09/20/2023Return to view all job openings
Job duties include:
- Providing direct instruction within a variety of settings in all areas of development.
- Providing education and support to the students’ families.
- Coordinating students’ individual education plan and the school day with other service providers and family.
- Administering assessments and preparing corresponding reports.
- Maintaining data collection and students’ records.
- Supervising Para-Educators.
- Communicating effectively with providers, families, and districts.
- Collaborate with related service providers.
- Support student in all areas of the Expanded Core Curriculum.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree from accredited college or university in Education of the Visually Impaired and certifiable as a Teacher of the Visually Impaired in the state of Arizona.
- Knowledge of the stages of development for children and the special learning needs of visually impaired children, techniques and procedures of teaching, functional vision assessments, counseling techniques and community resources.
- Ability to modify and adapt classroom materials, equipment, and classroom environment.
- Ability to establish rapport and maintain effective relationships with children and their families.
- Ability to incorporate assistive technology when appropriate.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to work with a group of professionals and coordinate classroom schedules to best meet students’ needs
- Proficiency in Spanish language preferred but not required.