Lighthouse for the Blind & Low Vision
10/31/2023Return to view all job openings
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
- Coordinate all Transition activities including all of the planning, organizing and providing Transition Training to program participants. Conduct planning and organizational activities with all of the teachers, aides and volunteers serving the program. Coordinate transportation services.
- Assess students training needs via a comprehensive functional assessment: plan and provide training in all needed areas of transition training.
- Plan the quarterly lesson plans based on the individual needs of the student as identified on the comprehensive functional assessment and other applicable assessments. Skills taught include job exploration, work based learning experience, work readiness training and self-advocacy.
- Evaluate student's progress and make recommendations for further training.
- Maintain appropriate records regarding student attendance, contact and progress.
- Provide services to approximately 30 students 2 times per month on Saturdays and for 5 - 6 weeks during the summer for a minimum of 115 hours per student/per year.
- Cooperate and consult with other staff members on common matters such as work experience. Attend IEP meetings at schools.
- Coordinate and conduct field trips.
- Participate in personal exit interview with students who are graduating from the program
Qualifications & Requirements
- BA or MA in Teacher of the Visually Impaired (TVI). Other certifications desired (COMS, VRT).
- Demonstrated leadership ability working with teachers, aides, volunteers and students.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Good knowledge of implications of blindness and other disabilities.
- Discerning judgment and empathetic understanding of clients.
- Initiative and ability to accept responsibility.
- Must have access to reliable transportation.
813-251-2407, Ext. 11
Please contact Candy Caldwell at [email protected] with any questions or to apply for the position.