Allied Instructional Services
11/10/2023Return to view all job openings
AIS is looking for ACVREP CATIS or AT Specialist with training in low vision and blindness access and at least 2 years of school experience to conduct Assistive Technology Assessments and provide assistive technology services for students with vision impairments and blindness.
The Assistive Technology Specialist functions as a member on a student’s educational team to provide comprehensive assessment of Assistive Technology needs in pre-school and school age children. The AT Specialists assists in the development of IEPs and implementation of Assistive Technology Services. The candidate must possess a working knowledge of assessment and instructional practices, evidence-based research, recommended best practices, technologies available for low- and high-tech AT, and expected roles and responsibilities of an AT specialist within a school environment.
- School based work-related experience in assistive technology.
- Hold a valid, current CATIS certification from ACVREP or commensurate experience/training.
- The candidate must have a working knowledge of braille.
The successful candidate will have:
- Considerable knowledge of special education regulations, policies, and procedures
- Experience conducting AT assessments and writing AT reports and recommendations specific to students visual impairments
- Experience providing professional development to teachers and service providers relating to educational Assistive Technology
- Excellent human relations, interpersonal communications, conflict resolution, organizational and planning skills are required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Federal and State mandates and requirements as related to the provision assistive technology supports and services
- Comprehensive knowledge of characteristics of individuals with a variety of disabilities
- The ability to recognize and respond to individual student differences, including additional or secondary disability categories
- The ability to work in a collaborative and cooperative manner with parents, co-workers, school staff and service providers
- Experience with WindowsOS and related software applications and accessibility settings, including JAWS, NVDA, and Narrator
- Experience with ChromeOS and related accessibility Settings
- Experiences with iOS, iPadOS, MacOS and related accessibility settings