10/11/2023Return to view all job openings
Works at Iowa Educational Services for the Blind and Visually Impaired (IESBVI) providing appropriate transition support and/or instruction to students aged 17-21 with visually impairments to encourage and develop independence. Instruct in the classroom and in community settings.
- Formulates appropriate educational objective, activities, evaluation, goals, and instruction.
- Provides specialized direct instruction in the Expanded Core Curriculum (ECC)
- Reports student growth and programs to team members and parents periodically.
- Participates as a member of multidisciplinary teams; involved with evaluations; educational planning; development of Individualized Educational Plans (IEP); program implementation. Provides written reports and documentation. May lead IEP meetings.
- Connects students to community resources and transition supports.
Schedule: Full-time, school year position; 189 day/school year.
Location: 3501 Harry Langdon Blvd, Council Bluffs, IA 51503
Pay Grade: Pay Plan 000, Pay Grade 35 (-10)
189 day contract per school year. Salary will be determined by the successful applicant’s educational and teaching experience. (BA degree - $49,661 - $77,051; MA degree - $58,294 - $89,878).
A successful candidate will bring or have the ability and desire to learn:
- Excellent communication skills with diverse groups
- Leadership and organizational skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Create a positive environment for students and colleagues
- Adapt to ever changing work priorities
- Experience working with blind and visually impaired students;
- Knowledge of the Iowa Core and Expanded Core Curriculum for blind and visually impaired students;
- Masters degree in education.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Collaborate with a team of teachers, support staff, and parents to support the education of blind and visually impaired students.
- Competitive salary and benefits package (Download PDF reader)
Bachelor’s degree in education plus experience using a computer and other office equipment required. Candidates must meet State of Iowa teacher licensure requirements with an endorsement in visual impairment by the time of appointment. Candidates possessing a special education endorsement may also qualify, but must complete the visual impairment endorsement within three years of appointment (financial assistance available for necessary coursework).
Information on Iowa licensing requirements may be found at the Board of Educational Examiners webpage: www.state.ia.us/boee/.