Allied Instructional Services
11/10/2023Return to view all job openings
AIS is looking for certified Teachers of the Visually Impaired (TVI) to join our team of independent contractors to provide services remotely. TVIs are itinerant and work in local school divisions to provide quality services to students with visual impairments and blindness. Full and Part-time opportunities are available. Please note these positions are for hours needed during a typical school day.
The TVIs function as members of a student’s educational team to provide comprehensive assessments and services to school aged students. The TVI assists in the development and implementation of IEPs specific to visual impairments. The candidate must possess a working knowledge of assessment and instructional practices, evidence-based research, recommended best practices, technologies available for low- and high-tech AT, and expected roles and responsibilities of an TVI within a school environment.
- Must hold a Professional License in visual impairments
- Preferred work-related experience as a TVI
- Current licensure in visual impairments
The successful candidate will have:
- Considerable knowledge of special education regulations, policies, and procedures
- Experience working remotely and providing quality services in a remote platform
- Experience writing and implementing IEPs and 504 plans
- Experience conducting and writing FVALMA assessments and recommendations
- Working knowledge of Braille and low vision skills
- Experience providing consultation and training to teachers and service providers relating to visual impairments
- Excellent human relations, interpersonal communications, conflict resolution, organizational and planning skills are required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of characteristics of individuals with a variety of disabilities especially visual impairments
- The ability to recognize and respond to individual student differences
- The ability to work in a collaborative and cooperative manner with parents, co-workers, school staff and service providers