The Children's Home of Pittsburgh
08/29/2023Return to view all job openings
1. Evaluates patients' functional vision in-person and virtually using a variety of methods and assessments including the CVI Range.
2. Interprets clinical information that is obtained prior to visits and demonstrates an understanding of the medical and ocular conditions present in patients serviced in Pediatric VIEW.
3. Provide vision services to patients of the Early Intervention and Pediatric VIEW programs and external contracts. Vision services consist of evaluation, treatment planning, implementation, consultation, documentation, follow up, and discharge planning.
4. Demonstrate awareness and ability to implement vision services following all necessary safety precautions for self and patient.
5. Educates patients, family members or caregivers in appropriate activities and adaptations for home and community settings.
6. Adheres to all policies, procedures, best practices, evidence-based practice, and HIPAA guidelines.
7. Ensure clear communication between the therapist and patient/family or other members of the school and medical team.
8. Ensures appropriate documentation is completed within a specified timeframe including the assessment and recording of patient activities and progress.
9. Demonstrate independence in professional growth through continuing education or other sources such as workshops, seminars, etc.
10. Must have the flexibility to schedule clients on evenings and weekends as needed.
11. Attends and participates in mandatory staff meetings.
12. Perform all other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. Graduate of an accredited Teacher of the Visually Impaired program with 3-5 years of experience with the pediatric population. Early Intervention experience preferred.
2. Maintains current certification in the State of Pennsylvania.
3. Capacity to develop proficiency in the performance of various treatment protocols.
4. Interpersonal and communication skills necessary to effectively communicate and work with all staff including other therapists and members of the medical team.
5. Must have working knowledge of computers to complete documentation electronically and in a timely manner.